The Rudy Bruner Award for Urban Excellence is biennial. Applications for the 2015 award are now being accepted. Submissions must be received by midnight on Tuesday, December 9.
• The project must be a real place, not just a plan or program.
• Since site visits are integral to the award process, the project must have been in operation for a sufficient amount of time to demonstrate success.
• The project must be located in the continental United States. It is not feasible to conduct site visits at other locations.
• There are no distinct categories. Projects may include any type of place that makes a positive contribution to the urban built environment.
• Urban environment is broadly defined to include cities, towns, villages, neighborhoods, counties and/or regions.
• Previous applicants and Honorable Mention winners may apply up to three times. Previous winners are not eligible.
The application is designed to give each project the opportunity to state its story in its own words and to elicit multiple perspectives of the project. Applicants are encouraged to concentrate their efforts on providing a clear description of the project and thorough answers to questions. Although visual representations of the project – such as drawings, plans, and photographs are important – the selection will be based upon the quality of the project rather than the elaborateness of the presentation. We encourage you to visit the RBA digital archive to view information about past winners including completed applications.
Applications must be submitted electronically along with a $45 entry fee for each submission. The application must be downloaded and saved as a writable pdf prior to submission. Please read the following instructions carefully before submitting your application. If you do not have access to the online application please contact us at 617.492.8404 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for the 2015 Rudy Bruner Award must be submitted by midnight on Tuesday, December 9, 2014.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Submittable online system. You will be asked to register in order to begin the online application process.
There is an application fee of $45.00, payable by credit card upon submission.
Bruner Foundation staff are available to assist you with questions regarding the application. Contact us at 617-492-8404 or email@example.com. If you encounter difficulties during the online submission process, contact the Submittable support system for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-467-8264 ext. 2 or 7.